Steam showers are becoming more and more popular as at-home spa treats. There are various reasons why homeowners are becoming interested in them. They are extremely easy to use and provide many health benefits. They can also add value to your home and in turn, save you money from going to the spa every month. Steam showers are smaller than a steam room or a sauna. Building a steam shower is now easier than ever before.
Steam Shower Operation
Steam showers don’t allow moisture to leave the shower, and they are built like stalls. All you need to do to operate one is to step inside a press a button to turn it on. When turned on, the steam generator will be activated which will heat the water. The steam from the boiling water will fill the shower with much-needed steam.
More updated steam showers are equipped with digital controls that make it easy for you to activate them, as well as change the length of time you’d like the shower to operate. You can also adjust different temperatures.
Steam Shower Advantages
Steam showers are equipped with many perks. One of the biggest benefits is how eco-friendly they are. There are also a variety of health benefits that you can obtain from them. They also add luxury to your home, which can make it more appealing to both you and potential buyers.
If you are considering building a steam shower in your home, there are some advantages that should quickly help you make up your mind including:
- Steam is known to help clear congestion, making it a perfect solution for people with sinus issues or allergies.
- Steam showers are an excellent way to relax after exercise. The warmth from the steam helps to open capillaries and allows blood to flow. As a result, your body will get rid of metabolic waste that accumulates in muscles that can cause them to be sore after physical activity.
- Steam showers can improve circulation. Steam showers can widen blood vessels in your body, which can lower your blood pressure.
- Steam is also excellent for your skin. Steam and warm water can open up your pores, which allows perspiration to exit. As a result, you can achieve clear pores and reduce acne.
- Steam showers serve as a great pre-shave treatment since the moisture and warmth can help get rid of dead skin and soften your hair follicles. This can reduce the occurrence of razor burn.
- Steam showers are relaxing. If you are looking for ways to manage stress, and even anxiety, spend a little time in your steam shower prior to bed to soothe your mind and body. Individuals who have steam showers have reported that using them prior to bed allows them to get better quality sleep.
A day spent at the time means money spent and travel time, which makes the experience less accessible for you. By bringing a spa into your home, you can tackle your busy day and arrive home for a wonderful spa experience. Steam showers are a one-time investment to make compared to memberships at a spa.